A blog for Educators, Parents and Friends!!!

Come one, come all and welcome!!!


Saturday, March 29, 2014

What Was I Scared Of?

What Was I Scared Of?
by: Dr. Seuss

One of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories.
After reading it we discussed things that scare us. 
 

We then made puppets of what we are most scared of to act out with our puppet theater to try and conquer our fears or at least be able to talk about them freely and openly.
 
Some children can be very hesitant to talk about their fears and their own feelings in general so it is important to encourage them to do so in a non judgmental way. By having them use the puppets they can talk with the other children or even act it out on their own to help them feel more comfortable and in control of their own fear.

Click here for some of my Yertle the Turtle ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea. One I would love to try with my son.

    ReplyDelete