A blog for Educators, Parents and Friends!!!

Come one, come all and welcome!!!


Monday, September 8, 2014

Another new school year (2014)

I absolutely love this time of year! The excitement in the air of the school, everyone putting up their new bulletin boards and tidying up their classrooms. The anxious but excited feeling of meeting all the new students and hoping that I can successfully meet all their needs. The craziness of the bus schedule and figuring out all the children's individual schedules from full day to half day to part time, etc. The eager and a bit anxious look on the children's faces on the first day reminds me of why I went into teaching in the first place. It's a super stressful time but it's also so rewarding. Plus, its a great excuse to go school shopping at my age! I just love back to school time!
 
hehehe just kidding... : )
 
I wanted to share with you a couple of my new back to school boards for the 2014 school year!
 
My welcome with all the children's names on the door to the classroom.
 
 
To ask for donations to the classroom.
Can you make our wish come true?
Take a star or maybe two?
 
 
We are asking for: Play dough, dry erase markers, googly eyes, baby wipes, seasonal stickers, Clorox wipes, clear packing tape, washable markers and a gift card to Riteaid to print pictures for the children's year books.

My birthday board!
 I am so pleased with how it came out! Complete with 3D candles made from scrapbook paper.

 

I was very excited to find this great display/storage idea for morning message and other charts on pinterest! I simply bought an L bracket at home depot for under $2 and attached our charts to a plastic hanger! Love it! So easy and makes great use of the limited wall space in my classroom.
 
I found this cute welcome poem on pinterest but couldn't find a source for it.
 
During the first few days of school I like to have the children come up with a few rules to help the classroom run smoothly through the year. The children then add their handprint as a way of signing and agreeing to the rules. It's a great tool to be able to refer to when a child is having a rough day remembering the rules.
 
 
Have a great school year everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment