A blog for Educators, Parents and Friends!!!

Come one, come all and welcome!!!


Saturday, January 21, 2012

Real Dinosaur Sounds!!!

Roar!!!!!

What child doesn't love making roaring dinosaur noises!?

At circle time I explain to the children what an adjective is and that it is a word that describes something.  

I then tell them that I'm going to ask them to roar like a dinosaur but they have to listen for the adjective of how to roar!

Dinosaurs, dinosaurs on the floor. Let me hear your very ______ roar! 
(Loud, happy, sad, angry, sleepy, friendly etc...)

The children LOVED this and after I tried a few they were coming up with their own adjectives to try!
Naturally, loud roars were the favorite! : )

Then I show the children my dinosaur sound can!



It's so easy to make and it really works!!!



 
First you drill a hole through the top of the can. Then you add a piece of yarn and secure at the top with some clear tape. I then added some scrapbook paper and some dinosaur stickers for more appeal. 


Then all you do is wet your finger tips a little bit of water and then pull on the yarn! 

That's it!!! It makes a very realistic dinosaur sound and the children love it! 


Tip: Don't get the yarn too wet or it wont work and don't pull too hard just simply run your hands down the string as you pull.

No comments:

Post a Comment