A blog for Educators, Parents and Friends!!!

Come one, come all and welcome!!!


Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Three Billy Goats Gruff

The Three Billy Goats Gruff
 A Norwegian Folktale. 


We first discussed the difference between a fairy tale and a folk tale.

I then told the children that today they were each going to get the chance to be an actor / actress if they wanted to.

I flipped over the rocky boat so that it resembled a bridge. I than took the big book version of the story and I narrated to the children and helped them with their lines. 



The children especially loved playing the part of the troll under the bridge! 

We read and re-read and re-read the story and the children still wanted more!!! I then put the bridge into our library area for one of our learning centers for the children to explore the characters on their own. 

I then asked the children if they could have changed something about the story what would it have been. 


"Trip trap, trip trap went the bridge."

No comments:

Post a Comment