A blog for Educators, Parents and Friends!!!

Come one, come all and welcome!!!


Saturday, January 14, 2012

Classroom Decor!

My home away from home, 
my classroom! : )


Reach for the Stars!!!


I am a huge fan of Bill Martin Jr and John Archambault's classic book, Chicka Chicka Boom Boom! I made this tree above my library corner in my classroom as a simple way to bring in both an upper and lower case alphabet in a fun and attractive way.

 Art gallery and writing wall! I think having the black and colored paper as frames behind some of the children's free artwork and writing is a great way to show how much their art and written work is valued.

 When a child discovers that a book has a rip or other ailment they put it in the book hospital so that the teacher can get it back on the mend with some book tape! : )

 Homemade puppet theater! Made from a cardboard box and an old pillowcase. The puppets are in an old yogurt container covered with scrapbook paper and the three little pig popsicle stick puppets shown are all handmade by me as well! What a great way to bring in some puppets at virtually no cost!
I love recycled materials!!!


Homemade weaving board! Not only is this great for motor skills but it opens up great dialogue for positional language (over, under, up down, across, etc...)


 Caterpillar countdown to the 100th day of school! 

Dancing ribbons for music and movement fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment